July 18 Moses 15:45 - 16:45 | Stability, Innovation
Wind, Sun and Water. Energy of Future Megacity
Cities occupy approximately 2% of the world territory but account for 70% of the greenhouse emissions and consume almost two thirds of the world’s produced energy. The city can reduce the negative footprint by transitioning to renewable energy or investing in smart grids. Smart grids cut energy waste and give the consumer a chance to enter the energy market through self-supplying (renewable) energy and rerouting the excesses to the city gird. Smart energy helps cut down energy losses, use energy efficiently and reduce the negative effects on the environment.
- What is the role of renewable energy in the energy systems of the future?
- What benefits do smart grid bring to the city?
- What benefits are there for the consumers?
- How can traditional companies transition to green energy?
- What are the prospects for creating smart energy networks and renewable energy in Russia?