July 22 NIEMEYER HALL 12:00 - 13:30
PUBLIC TALKS WITH VIKTORIA NOVIKOVA: ON TOOLS FOR CHILDREN AND PARENTS TO ADAPT TO URBAN ENVIRONMENTS
INDEPENDENCE, SELF-IDENTIFICATION, SAFETY OF ADOLESCENTS IN THE CITY
• How to raise happy and independent teenagers in a megacity, without dying from fear for their safety and not controlling every step they take
• The child in a megacity as an individual. The movement of children in an urban environment: travelling and transport
• How to prompt teenagers to spend their free time productively and give them the opportunity to make choices without their parents' help
• Where do parents' responsibilities end and those of the city take over? What are the opportunities for implementing local initiatives in this segment?
• What urban environment design solutions are needed to solve adolescents' problems of autonomy and self-identification?