July 17 Shchusev 18:00 - 19:00 | Strategy
Future as a Way of Thinking. The Culture and Practice of Decision Making
The world is moved forward by countries and cultures that are better at creating comprehensible and appealing images of possible futures and implementing long-term projects with no evident gain to its sponsors or even contemporaries. The Soviet Russia was at its core a futuristic project and, despite now obvious deficiencies, had a solid culture of long-term planning and development. This was true to science, space industry, heavy industry and, of course, territorial development including building new cities.
- How do the state, cities and citizens envision their future?
- Dо we have a culture of long-term planning?
- How can we form a vision for the future? Who should do this?
- What instruments for monitoring and evaluating the outcomes of strategic projects can we use?
- What can we learn from other countries?