Excursions Обзорные экскурсии по Москве 14:00 - 15:30
ARCHITECTURAL WALKS: FROM MELNIKOV TO KOOLHAAS. GORKY PARK
Joint project of the Garage Museum of Contemporary Art and the Moscow Through the Eyes of an Engineer educational project.
The Moscow Through the Eyes of an Engineer educational project invites one and all to, perhaps, the most unusual and fascinating tour ever held around Gorky Park. We will see the ruins of a cinema destroyed during the war, explore the administration building and office of the Garage museum, and of course, cover the entire history of the park starting from the beginning of the 20th century. Do you want to have a walk in the fresh air and spend some quality time learning new things? If yes, then welcome to the tour!
On our walk, you will learn:
- What did the first ambitious construction project of the Soviet Republic, the Agricultural Exhibition of 1923, look like, and how much of it is preserved?
- What would the park look like if the design of its first chief architect Konstantin Melnikov was implemented?
- How did people use the Gorky Central Park of Culture and Leisure in the mid-1930s?
- What does the office of the Garage Museum of Contemporary Art look like, and what is so interesting about it?
You will also get to go to interesting places like:
- The ruins of a cinema destroyed by a bomb during the war
- The Gorky Park administration building
- In the Garage museum, where visitors do not usually go: its office
point: right in front of the main entrance to Gorky Park