Thank you to all the teams for your interest in the competition, your questions and letters. Applications were submitted to the expert council of the competition. The list of finalists accepted to the second stage will be published on the MUF LAB website on July 10. The authors of the strongest projects according to competition criteria will attend a three-day educational seminar on design, and a final presentation of projects during the business programme of Moscow Urban Forum 2018.
The seminar will be held on July 16–18:
- On July 16, during Glazychev's presentation (11 Prechistenskaya Embankment, RANEPA),
- On July 17–18, during the business programme of the Moscow Urban Forum (Zaryadye Park, Zaryadye Concert Hall).
Participants will have 3 days of collaborative support to complete their projects and improve their design and presentation skills: lectures, teamwork supervised by tutors by category, evening discussions and personal recommendations.
The content curator of the seminar is Elena Zelentsova, Vice President, Director for Development of the Urban Environment of the Skolkovo Foundation, Head of the Glazychev Territorial Development Department.
Sergey Zuev, Professor, PhD in Art History, Director of the RANEPA Institute of Social Sciences, Rector of the Moscow Higher School of Social and Economic Sciences, will give a talk on the power and technology of project management.
Maxim Shmakotin, partner of Training Boutique, leader of the Leadership and Command Technologies topic, consultant/coach, certified trainer and IDEA expert (International Debate Education Association), will speak about the golden rules of argumentation and the secrets of presentation. There will also be lectures on the modern city and its development from speakers of the Forum and Readings.
Participants will be advised by:
- Elena Petukhova, architect, news analyst for the ARCHI.RU internet portal, Head of the competition bureau of the Union of Moscow Architects, curator of the exhibition, cultural and educational projects
- Aleksey Ermolin, coach at Global Venture Alliance, professor at the Skolkovo Open University
- Katrina Menshikova, expert in culture and creative industries, author and curator of interdisciplinary projects, organiser and host of the facilitation sessions.
The seminar was designed specifically for the Moscow Urban Forum by the Glazychev Territorial Development Department (School of Design of the RANEPA Institute of Social Sciences).
On July 18, the highly-anticipated final of the competition will take place at the end of the Business programme of the Forum, with project presentations before the jury and other Forum guests.