18 Июля. Shchusev. 18:15 - 19:15. | Wellbeing, Creativity
Memory Space. Who and What Should the City Remember?
A city is shaped by its history, both in its days of glory and during hardships. There are many urban memory practices that keep the memories of people and events alive: from traditional monuments and plaques to museums. Besides official monuments, many cities have spontaneous memorials initiated by citizens, like the Wall of Tsoy in Moscow.
- What should the city remember?
- Who should create regulations for memory preservation and how?
- How are grassroots initiatives established?
- In what ways should the city help its citizens to remember?
- What formats might public memory adopt in the future?