July 4. Moscow Hall. 15:45 - 17:00
Environment for development. Quality of life as a driver of the urban economy
Russia has been initiating projects and special documents such as the Housing and Urban Environment national project, Spatial Development Strategy, which are aimed at modernizing Russian cities and increasing the quality of life for residents, as well as turning cities into drivers of economic growth. Cities and the urban environment have a complex impact on the economy: it is about the areas directly involved in urban development like construction, development, technology, and industries which are focused in cities with an engaging and high-quality urban environment — creative industries, services, and small businesses.
- What opportunities do new projects and initiatives create for Russian cities?
- How do we combine the tasks of improving the quality of life and developing the urban economy?
- Do housing and environment design standards consider the economic aspects?
- How do we involve residents in developing cities and the urban environment?
- What does business expect from the urban environment?
- What untapped resources do cities have and how can we help them use these resources?
Deputy Mayor of Moscow
Minister of Construction, Housing and Utilities of the Russian Federation
Co-Founding Partner, Principal Architect and Urbanist, MVRDV
President of the Republic of Tatarstan
Founder & Chair 8 80 Cities; Ambassador World Urban Parks
Governor of the Perm Region